Saturday, March 24, 2007

Excursion

Today's excursion was a success. I came home with three pairs of pants, one pair of jeans, two belts and a pair of shoes. And I didn't quite spend $200. No one, truly, would ever know. I detest cheap, ill-fitting clothes. At the same time, I am thoroughly pleased when I find a great deal -- and assemble an outfit that is stylish, but also has an edge, or some kind of splash that makes it mine.

My first stop was the Limited. (Why this chain STILL doesn't have a commerce website is puzzling). It (along with it's sister shop Express) are my secrets for great fitting pants at an unbelievable price... just make sure to have them dry cleaned to keep them crisp.

Today, I snagged a pair of navy pants that will look adorable with a green v-neck sweater I picked up at J Crew this week.

The cut I always go for is the "Drew fit." They are super slimming and always look tailored. (In fact, I find the fit to be very similar to that of Theory.)

Also from the Limited:
-- a pair of off-white, wide leg, very soft cotton trousers. While the fabric is quite soft, it still has structure. They look adorable with the Miss Sixty shoes I purchased at Bloomingdale's. I'm so pleased about finding these, and I picked them up after passing them up on the sale rack at least five times.

-- a pair of casual, off-white cotton cargo pants (similar to the one's I've posted a photo of here). The April issue of In Style featured similar cargo pants pairing them both with casual sandals as well as dressier strappy shoes. I'm thinking I'll be wearing them often this summer -- and am already imagining them with outfits other than the basic casual fitted T and flat sandals.

-- a pair of jeans that look as good on as high-end designer labels. They were on an amazing sale. The regular price is close to $70, which would have been lovely. I got them for just over $20. This line of jeans is relatively new for the Limited; it represents their attempt to attract buyers of high-end labels like Citizens of Humanity. (At least that's what one fashion writer from the Dallas Morning News claimed last year...)

-- two belts: one red, and somewhat skinny; the other camel-colored and about an inch-and-a-half wide. The red belt I picked up thinking of the Miss Sixty shoes. Speaking of shoes...

The pair I found today were at DSW, where you can find labels ranging from Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors to Diesel and Kenzie. It was a quirky pair of Kenzie slingbacks that I picked out today. They are rose-tinted gold and actually sparkle. I think I'll wear them Monday with the new dark wash Limited jeans I bought today.

No comments: