Saturday, March 24, 2007

Prepping for spring

Yes, it's still quite chilly out, but with spring having officially arrived, I'm suddenly inspired to shed the wool sweaters and boots for strappy summer heels, more skirts and well, I don't know what exactly... just yet.

In spite of the drizzle outside, I'm in the mood to do some exploring. I'm about to brave the dreadful weather to see what I find.

In the past couple weeks, I've picked up a couple pairs of shoes (by Miss Sixty and Vince Camuto)-- both of which I'm feeling quite pleased with. The first I bought while in Chicago on business a couple weeks ago. I had time for a quick trip to Bloomingdales. I bought this pair of Miss Sixty wedges (They are actually available on Zappos as well). I have to say, the look much better on than they do in this picture. The red accents just pop. The section on the sole (under the toes) is actually patent leather.
I also bought a pair of red patent leather Vince Camuto (the style: "Ruffe") slingbacks. I found them first on Nordstrom's website, but they had sold out of my size, so I checked Zappos, which also had sold out of 8s.

Finally, I Googled them and found them on a website I had not previously visited called onlineshoes. This site had a narrow but quite nice selection of brands. And, the shoes cost a bit less here.

So, that's where I am with shoes. Clothes on the other hand... I have picked up a few things this week from J Crew.

Yesterday, as a treat for getting past an agency presentation that I had been nervously anticipating, I made a quick lunchtime shopping trip.

J Crew's sale rack was calling. I found a lightweight, very airy peasant style dress that I'm looking forward to wearing this summer. It's actually available online, which isn't always the case with sale items in particular.

I also picked up a softly pleated chambray skirt. Earlier in the week, I purchased a tuxedo front, button up top and a green v neck sweater.

The tuxedo front top looks great, cuffs pleated, with a gold cuff bracelet, gold necklace, a denim pencil skirt and these Sam Edelman shoes I already have in my closet.

The tan suede and leather Sam Edelmans with a croc pattern are a great pair of "neutral" shoes, but they KILL the feat. I bought them at a great little shoe store in Baltimore called Matava. Matava has a couple locations in the Baltimore area, and one in Annapolis.
I loved them so much, I bought a second similarly structured pair in red suede. While the red suede pair are definitely eye-catching, I've definitely worn the tan suede pair the most. They've been my winter neutrals.

They are actually available at less than half the price I paid for them in October. And the pic really doesn't do them justice!

Bottom line: they look lovely, but lovely comes at the price of comfort.

But back to today. And impending spring. I'm looking forward to some great finds...

No comments: