Sunday, March 25, 2007

Finding FarylRobin

I love shoes that possess a quality that sets them apart from those you see on the majority of people. The only common thread among all of my shoes is they have this not easily defined quality. Which is why I get so excited when I discover a line of which I had previously been unaware. The latest find: FarylRobin.

I don't know how I didn't notice them before -- they've actually been featured in a mainstream fashion mags, from WWD to Allure. (I must be a skimmer?!?!)

The first time I ran across them, and they caught my eye, was in Chicago a couple weeks ago. The designers are successfully marrying quirkiness, originality, youth, style AND comfort. Due to baby boomer women who aren't willing to retire the sexy shoes, more and more mainstream designers are doing the same.

I've sadly not reached the stage in life where comfort supersedes fashion; FarylRobin caught my eye purely on aesthetic appeal. So, I'm actually about to purchase (YIKES!) my first, truly first, pair of "comfort pumps" (the silver metallics with the turquoise trim) -- but only because I think they are irresistible!

I'm torn between the metallic pumps, though, and the metallic flats which come in two colors -- silver and eye-popping purple.

I need to do a quick inventory of where I am with summer shoes before placing my order. All three of these can be found on onlineshoes. Other styles are available online at kitson, FreePeople, Nordstrom, DJPremium and, of course, Zappos.

Throwing a pair of FarylRobins into an outfit is a great way to distract people from the fact that my top came from J Crew. (No offense to J Crew, which has plenty of pieces that I really like -- but I wearing J Crew head to toe? Think Delta Delta Delta.)

No comments: